Ellies understands the importance and need for education and skills development in South Africa and how this impacts and contributes to the country’s economy.
We therefore continue to invest in our people, putting them at the forefront with the aim of assisting in growing an inclusive economy, building abilities, and promoting leadership and entrepreneurship throughout society.
Ellies recently introduced a learnership program for employees as well as unemployed youths. The 12-month program forms an integral part of the company’s dedication and commitment to skills development and transformation in South Africa.
It is exciting times for Ellies and learners alike as we embark on taking the first step of this journey together in paving the way to a brighter future.
The learnership encourages and motivates employees and unemployed youths to focus on personal development and equip learners with knowledge and skills in the wholesale and retail-related environments, aiding and preparing them for future opportunities.
Students have been given a structured theoretical and practical workplace experiential learning.
Some of the fundamental learning outcomes are:
- Receiving and dispatching of stock in a distribution center
- Ensuring a positive customer experience in a Wholesale and Retail business environment
- Explain how employees can influence the objectives of a Wholesale and Retail business unit
The primary intention behind this learnership program is to support:
- An occupationally related qualification registered on the NQF development
- Personal development
- And the necessary skills and support needed to better perform in their areas off work
It is a wonderful and rewarding experience to be a part of organisations whose priority is not only to build careers but to build people and the contribution Ellies make in the hope of assisting to tackle youth unemployment in South Africa.